Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sketch Club Meets Art Quilt

Don't know why, but, some of the multicolored snippets of my life seem to be intersecting. Sketch Club meets Art Quilt, or something of the sort. I photocopied a page that I liked from my sketch book.


















It has to do with the interesting lines. I like those lines, I want to see those lines in fabric...
Maybe a threesome? I also like the spiral marks of the notebook. 
Thinking about how to proceed. Build a patchwork base, then put the photocopy on the back and machine stitch over the lines. The bobbin thread would be on the right side.

Could I challenge myself to work fast? Spring break will be here in two weeks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sketch. I like the way light and dark act in the copy.

Carli The Quilter said...

Nadia, if you are sewing over top of your photocopy, you must have to tear off the paper or do you leave the paper in the whole piece. I always love seeing your stuff. Yes, you can do it, quick get stitching.

Now, we have another aggressive move in the Ukraine, why can we not just get along?

MulticoloredPieces said...

If I were to make a Textile Sketchbook page, Caroline, I'd just leave the paper on the back. However for the threesome, I think I would rip off the paper eventually because I'd want to add hand stitching or reverse appliqué. Ahhhh, the possibilities!