Monday, September 21, 2015

Going to the Dentist

Besides keeping my well-worn teeth functional, I can think of another good reason for visiting my dentist, whose office is in downtown Tunis: I find a five-hour block of time (mostly uninterrupted) for stitching and sketching. Because parking has become impossible in the big city, I usually take a taxi, and then a bus to return home. Lots of interesting subjects...
For the sweltering temperatures, the bus has the old-fashioned style of air conditioning: open the windows and drive fast. Ballpoint pen with Prismacolor pencils in my small daily journal.

2 comments:

fiberchick said...

Do you carry a sketch book all the time? Coloured pencils too? That woman looks deep in thought...

Eunice Greer said...

Regular dental checkups are critical to maintaining good dental health and it sounds as though sketching is quite good for your mental health. It's a great idea to combine the two during your trip. It's a smart way to make dental visits more fun. Be sure to draw lots of smiles while taking care of yours.

Eunice Greer @ Downtown Dental SC