Monday, November 30, 2015

A Dent in Disorder

Nearly a week went by without a landline or internet. Our efficient telephone repairman retired and the new one doesn't seem to have a clue. The country's slipping into a quagmire.  Trying to get back on track.

In my quest for a semblance of orderliness in my workroom/studio (which offsets the disorder outside my walls), I commenced on my button shelf: tossed a number of things (what was I thinking by keeping them?), dusted thoroughly and rearranged.
The sack of labels (l.), like my button collection, has been gleaned mostly from the flea market cotton clothes that I bought for years in order to have a complete palette with which to work. Fortunately, labels and buttons require less space than fabric. I use buttons only occasionally, but, this small collection pleases me immensely. Inspiration for the labels has not yet come to me...something pleasant to think about.

On to the thread shelf just below the button shelf...

No comments: