Sunday, September 18, 2016

Palettes

For out-and-about, a small palette to which I added extra half pans does the job. It's filled with 24 Daniel Smith watercolors (I have tubes). However, I've seen the idea of a portable mini-palette in several places and I wanted to try out my Derwent Inktense pencils. 

Just scribble hard on a card. I covered mine with deli paper (stapled on the left side), but, wax paper would work also. The card holds 18 colors (cool colors on the other side)--beats carrying around 18 pencils in your purse! 

And then I tested it out while running errands. It's magic!




4 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

Sounds a nice idea - although I don't quite understand how you get the oclour off the pattern. Nice drawing of the building.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Anneliese. You just take a wet paint brush (I usually use a waterbrush), and scrub a bit in the corner of a colored square. The Derwent Inktense pencils are water-activated. The color comes off on the brush and you can apply to your drawing. Once you've used up the color on the whole square, you can scribble on top of it again with an Inktense pencil. Easy as pie!

KhadijaTeri said...

Good idea!

KhadijaTeri said...

Good idea!