Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bootkamp, 1

Sketchbook Skool's Bootkamp (free) just started for those who have completed three sessions. It is basically 6 weeks of homework assignments that consolidate everything learned so far, and then everyone shares. I have to admire the pedagogical methods of SBS--quite a number of people have admitted that they fell off the wagon and needed a boost to get back to having a regular sketching habit.

Using my new hand sewn journal, I finished the first homework, which was to draw a whole apple, take a bite, draw, take a bite, draw, etc. until there was nothing left. Since apples are out of season and since I live on a citrus farm and have oranges galore, I wanted an orange peeled the artistic way instead. The trick is to keep the peel all in one piece. My husband says I massacre oranges, so I let him do the peeling. This is very low on my list of things-to-learn...
Copic multiliner pen, Grumbacher artist quality watercolors (haven't opened the tubes of Daniel Smith watercolors, yet. Enjoying the anticipation.). And I did try out the Pentel water brushes, which I liked.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Quite the still life! Very lively too. just wonderful.

Mo Crow said...

love this Nadia!

Susan said...

So nice. Your line work and cross-hatch shading is just beautiful.