Thursday, January 21, 2016

Rule for 2016, 1

Rule for 2016: Do not start anything new. Finish the unfinished (it is a l-o-n-g list).

Hmmpf. I'm off to a bad start. Do I listen to my own advice? 

The justification for this new project: I need a purse sketchbook that I LUV to replace the one I just completed (OK, I did finish my daily journal thus respecting my rule...somewhat. However, I do already have several other small journals that would fit in my purse.).

I have respected my thrifty tendencies. When I cut Canson paper for my lettering notebook, I found I had leftover paper that would make a small journal. Also, I made the covers from recycled cardboard covered with Canson paper that I painted/colored with Derwent Inktense pencils.

I just love blue and green.

2 comments:

Quilt crazy said...

Makes me think of Edvard Munch!

The Idaho Beauty said...

We forgive you - especially since you were using up leftovers to make the "new" thing. That perhaps negates the idea that you started something new. No no - instead, you finished the unfinished scraps lying about. :-)

And it's a lovely thing to be carrying with you...