Friday, April 26, 2013

White & Needle Turn Appliqué, 5

A couple days of rain allowed me some stitching time. So I finished the needle turn appliqué.
It looks like a river delta or erosion to me.
Order to disorder, disintegration, chaos--seems to be on my mind lately. And since everybody over at Jude Hill's Diaries is holding their stitching up to the light,
I taped it to a window. Some interesting secondary designs develop, but this also adds color, if only browns and grays. A different look. For me, the needle turn appliqué becomes more effective.



























Linked to Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday."

9 comments:

Saskia said...

I have NO IDEA how you do this, but you have obviously done this a lot; truly amazing.

Marilyn Wall said...

very interesting.

Linda A. Miller said...

Love the delicacy and earthiness of this...you have great patience!

Nina Marie said...

the monochromatic palette is really effective here. The textured layers make me want to touch it!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I agree - the up to the light version is very compelling.

Minka said...

Wonderful. It also looks like grass growing....upside down

Linda M said...

Love the shadowing in the filtered light photo.

Judy Ferguson said...

This is truly a very appealing composition with great technique. Wow.

fiberchick said...

I love the textures of this piece!