Thursday, June 6, 2013

Background for He Went to Work

This background came to life with the addition of strips of appliqué fabric from other projects.

As can be seen, it developed a serious curve. It's been awhile since I strip pieced and I went all in one direction instead of going in the opposite direction every other time. I should have known better.

On the other hand, I like my mistakes, usually, and the distortion from needle turning the shirts will make the curve a moot point...although I did stabilize the background by basting it to harem cloth. Lots of possibilities. 

I had been complaining to myself that I really had no major (meaning large) project going with needle turn appliqué. 
So that takes care of that.

No comments: