Friday, July 26, 2013

Beach Sketching

We went to the beach at Hammamet (Tunisia) for a couple of days. Nice break on a Mediterranean beach--doesn't that sound exotic? I managed to find some time to sketch early in the morning while everyone slept.




Have I mentioned that I dislike sketching about as much as I dislike the beach? At first it annoyed me silly to sit there and try to arrange the composition. And to work so small and on paper...really don't like it. I have so much stitching I want to be doing...


And yet, in the end I was glad I took the time. Sketching forces me to see structure, line, form, and color. After the marker, I added a bit of color with colored pencils.
And then I got an idea for my textile sketchbook, so the time wasn't wasted after all.

6 comments:

PymaGirl said...

Wish I could that.

barbbouk said...

The view from my kitchen window :-)

Mo Crow said...

you are so the reluctant sketcher Nadia but thanks for sharing what comes out of the lines of your sights

Roxanne said...

You do lovely sketching Nadia. We artists are too hard on ourselves.

Carli The Quilter said...

I understand about itching to be stitching! Nice to see that other half of your day at the beach with the girls!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Exactly! You figured out the reason to sketch...