Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Flea Market Fabric

My summer collection of fabric from the flea market makes a nice stack. 









It took a good deal of time to get it washed, cut apart, then ironed and folded. I noticed that styles have changed since I last looked. Now blouses are fitted and with darts. Bothersome to cut around. This also tells you that I haven't paid much attention to styles for a long time.


I count 32 fabrics for about eight dollars--not a bad deal. Admittedly, a couple are uglies. I don't discriminate--one can never tell about usefulness. It's the color that counts.


Now I have to persuade all that fabric to squeeze into my stash...

3 comments:

Kitchener Quilter said...

Looks like a nice collection there. I see lots of possibilities in that stack. I too, love picking up flea market fabrics.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh yeah - that's the hard part...the big squeeze. ;-)

Carli The Quilter said...

Now, I bet lots of those fabrics made to your home in the form of an article of clothing, right? I can see how it took to cut around darts, I've been there and love finding interesting fabrics in flea markets!