Saturday, August 31, 2013

An Odd Bit of Creativity, 3

The idea of stitching a tiny Jibba (traditional outer garment for Tunisian men) came to me around fifteen years ago. And then a 12" armature came into my possession recently, reviving this idea. 

The frame was something else that I changed to fit my needs. I added metal wires for wild hair.



Then I cut out a pattern. I will make the Jibba a bit large for shrinkage as it will be a wild needle turn appliqué design, not at all traditional. Actually, it won't look at all like a Jibba, which has a specific style of embroidery around the neckline and edges to reinforce them. Yeah, men wear embroidery. Isn't that a refreshing thought? 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

What fun! The figure resembles Einstein on a particularly bad hair day... ;-)