Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm supposed to..., 2

I know, I know, I'm still supposed to be grading exams. And I'm NOT supposed to be starting anything new. But I had this stack of snippets with such interesting shapes and beautiful colors that I put into a tin--leftovers from my oranges sketchbook page.

I tried to use up a bunch of bits in my sketchbooks, but I just kept creating more snippets. 

So I chose gray and black base fabrics

and started to stitch down the interesting shapes of one snippet with a running stitch.

I cut out a hole and reverse appliquéd the edge. Raw edges with finished edges. No idea where this is going, just playing. No expectations.


Martha said...

It's fun to see this in its infancy. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

Sometimes the colour and the hand of the fabric is what the soul needs. :-)