Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm supposed to..., 2

I know, I know, I'm still supposed to be grading exams. And I'm NOT supposed to be starting anything new. But I had this stack of snippets with such interesting shapes and beautiful colors that I put into a tin--leftovers from my oranges sketchbook page.

I tried to use up a bunch of bits in my sketchbooks, but I just kept creating more snippets. 

So I chose gray and black base fabrics


and started to stitch down the interesting shapes of one snippet with a running stitch.

I cut out a hole and reverse appliquéd the edge. Raw edges with finished edges. No idea where this is going, just playing. No expectations.

2 comments:

Martha said...

It's fun to see this in its infancy. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

Sometimes the colour and the hand of the fabric is what the soul needs. :-)