Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Purse Sketchbook, 3

Going back and adding watercolors to black and white sketches pleases me so much. Here the left page is by me and the goat sketch is by GD1 (first granddaughter).
I did the square zentangle at the Smoky Mountain Quilt Guild Meeting (Knoxville, TN) in 2012--lots of wonderful memories from that visit. 

Zentangles usually bore me silly, however, I really like this page now that I've added color. Guess I'm just hooked on color. Thinking in terms of complements, double complements: red and green, orange and blue. Love that goat! Thank you, GD1.

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Zentangles! I got back to doing some on my holiday trip - was wishing I had my little reference notebook with me as I'd forgotten what I'd used in the past to fill in space or exactly how to do the ones I did remember. I see you used some of my favorites. Like you, after I draw them, my instinct is to add color. Cute drawing by the GD1 too.

Margaret said...

I like your "Zentangles"...although I confess I've not yet been able to get over the fact that somewhere someone is making money hand-over-fist out of doodles...and laughing all the way to the bank...