Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Contour Drawing

While I machine quilt the Pomegranate Tree (for some reason I love to machine quilt even though it is a big quilt and a small machine, something about the rhythm and seeing order imposed), I'm trying to find time to work in my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Skool homework assignments. Here, a continuous line contour drawing of a bizarre, antique, brass pitcher/urn inherited from my grandmother. It has the most marvelous handle, nearly impossible to draw.





















But, of course I had to start with a blind sketch and the feel of the line felt so good, while the contour drawing was slow and my hand was unsteady. Liberate the lines!

1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

allowing the point of the pencil to gently investigate all the dips and curves, caress the ins and outs, navigate the arounds and in betweens of the thingness