Friday, July 18, 2014

Under the Pomegranate Tree: The Weed Section

Machine quilting into the night with a brown thread on top.
Stitching around the French knots in the Weed Section, which, in real life, is dry and colorless by the time the fruit ripens in October or November. I'm rather liking the way the floral prints are working.

I've left the ends of threads. I think I'll couch them down in their odd shapes. This won't be particularly visible as it's just sewing thread, rather thin, but, I like the unexpected detail...and who's counting time?

Linked to Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday." 

6 comments:

Mo Crow said...

oh I love the way your mind works Nadia! you have such a great sense of adventure!

LA Paylor said...

love the french knots. The threads are organic and a treat for anyone coming in for a close up
leeAnna Paylor
not afraid of color

Julierose said...

I really love how this is coming together...brown is perfect--I have to get myself to "like" machine quilting as my "old" hands won't let me do much hand work anymore...
yours looks great--hugs, Julierose

Margaret said...

What Mo Crow said. You have such a wonderful way of capturing what you see in fabric!

Roxanne said...

It's coming along and looks wonderful.

Vicki Fisher-Lerer Art Journeys said...

So beautiful!