Thursday, October 1, 2015

Climbing Mt. Everest, 1

After finishing my vest with a spot, which was fast and easy, I felt acute desire for a challenge. I was aching to climb Mt. Everest, the Mt. Everest of my stitching world. Yeah, yeah, I know...I'm supposed to be finishing the Pomegranate Tree quilt, but the work is just that: finishing work. I needed high adventure!
        And then I knew I would be sitting in a hospital waiting room yesterday morning for a long stretch of time...nothing serious, just a necessary procedure for a family member. I took along my sketching kit, my stitching kit, and "He Went to Work Everyday, Then He Retired." 
This is Mt. Everest for me because there are so many challenges, like the collars, cuffs, and front buttons, not to mention the layers of fabric that will become entangled and the large size. Here I've only attached two of the five shirts. I just sew a small part at any one time, whatever seems do-able. I managed to finish a couple strands yesterday.
My techniques are honed and I feel physically fit (from working in my orchards).
 I have been training to climb my stitching Mt. Everest for a long time. 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh will be watching to see how this one comes out--Pomegranate is still my favorite though...;--))) I will be prepping a "bring along" for my DH's long testing next Tuesday--assuming that hurricane behaves and doesn't hit us!! Hugs, Julierose

Els said...

Iiiiiieeeee Nadia this one is going to be fun !!!!
(well ... for us that is ... YOU have the challenge climb !)

;-)

Mo Crow said...

enjoy the challenge!

Mary Keasler said...

ah, Nadia. I wish that I could be there with you. For so many reasons.