Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stitching the Sea, 1

Finally pulling out of the world of my ancestors and stitching again on the Wing Cloth. My needle choice: no. 7 milliner's needle (very long). My stitch choice: running stitch with changes to back stitch and outline stitch occasionally.
I started out very tight with the spiral movement on the right corner 
because I drew it in first with a pencil; was thinking about frothiness. 
Gave up the pencil, went freehand and consequently loosened up.
I'm using 5 or 6 different blues and single strand sewing thread. I'll add more flowing lines and more waves along the "land." Still uncertain about the center space. I'm thinking it will explode into wild needle turn appliqué with either lots of color or a very pure white....I'm kind of chomping at the bit here.

Linked to Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday".

6 comments:

Els said...

Lots of lovely snippets, stitches, mosaic pieces, and lots of love, good health and creativity for the New Year 2013 Nadia !

Mo Crow said...

Love your stitching spiraling sea Nadial! chomping on the bit, know the feeling & haven't heard that expression for half a lifetime! Only a few more days and the New Year will give all the questioning a fresh new start! Am very intrigued about what you plan for the middle of this piece with all this circling !

MulticoloredPieces said...

Yeah, me, too. I'm curious to see the center. My anticipation is building...

bohemiannie! art said...

Wow. This is so free and expressive! Lookin good!

Linda M said...

I love the freedom of your stitching.

Minka said...

Enjoying watching this cloth evolve.