When I stitched down the fabrics (on the right side) with a lavender thread, I added some extra lines into the shadow fabrics at the bottom, just to play.
Then, with a black thread on top and a navy blue thread in the bobbin, I stitched over the sketch on the back. The results on the right side, first time around.
The navy thread reads as black, yet brings some blue into the sketch. Looking at this photo, I realize that this composition is unbalanced, however, I need a place for text so the empty white space will work well. Don't ever think I plan things like this--purely serendipity...I may add some scraps of fabric as a background to the text in order to break up the white, which seems stark.