Monday, September 23, 2013

Fruits of the Season, 3

For me, the easiest way to get a "sketchy" look is to go over lines 3 times. The first time is the line you "want". The second and third lines should waver around and not follow the first line exactly. This is the back side with 2 lines.
And the front side with 2 lines:
Back side with 3 lines:
By the time I get to the third time around, I'm all over the place and really loosened up. The front side with three lines:
Now, the stitching on the front side requires attention.


Linked to Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday."

11 comments:

Julierose said...

I love this process--who thought of using paper this way!! Julierose

Mo Crow said...

love your way with line Nadia

Margaret said...

I like it! I do something similar, but only 2 lines...

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

Fascinating to see how you working! Lovely!

Nina Marie said...

Everytime I see this type of stitching I think of you! I really love how you combine the use of line with the texture of the repurposed fabrics!

Sylvia said...

Do you sew with the paper side up? Love the look of the sketching lines.

Deborah OHare said...

Great to see how you work!

LA Paylor said...

wonderful explanation and I really always love what you show
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

MulticoloredPieces said...

Yes, Sylvia, at this point, I'm sewing with the paper side up. Now that I've got the outlines in place, I'll be stitching on the fabric side up soon. And thank you all for your encouraging comments.
best, nadia

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Thanks for sharing your process, Nadia. I love the relaxed look of the sketch!