It was going to rain so I took pictures to sketch from. For me, this is cheating, but there wasn't enough time to draw as I had to finish cleaning up the garden before the storm hit. And hit it did. Tunis was flooded. We got lucky although there was a lot of stagnating water in the low end of the orchard. And of course, the rain knocked off a lot of the petals. I found this particular photo striking with the dark background (I have no idea how I managed this photo. Luck).
Then stitched them down. A cloisonné effect. Or I felt like I was doing a mosaic, that feeling one gets when doing a puzzle, fitting the pieces together. Very satisfying.
I found a light blue with a lot of white in it that worked well for petal shadows. Then the free motion stitching using 3 pinks and 2 greens.
Photographing the dark fabric proved difficult. The fabric actually reads darker, almost black. Had to edit the photo more than usual.