Thursday, November 29, 2012

Stitching Pomegranates, 3

Most evenings before dinner I sit at the machine and do free motion stitching on pomegranates for about an hour and a half. The machine's motor heats too fast to do more than that.
I keep adding more stitching because the colors of the threads please me so much.
The next sketch to go under the needle: Less stitch gives a different look that I like as well.


More visible fabric.

I find I like the possibility of viewing the work on the blog page as I go along. Gives me some perspective.

4 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

I am SO enjoying your "snippets!" Thank you for sharing them.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Believe me, Nifty, the pleasure's ALL mine! It's an added gift that someone else can enjoy this blog besides me. And I must say that I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Mo Crow said...

these progress pics are fabulous Nadia, love the liveliness & energy of your stitched lines, they feel so free!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Mo, your comment about the freedom of the stitched line has made me reflect. I never saw it that way, but intuitively I think that's why I have always liked to draw with the machine rather than a pencil or pen.