Thursday, November 15, 2012

Stitching Pomegranates, 1

Slow job. A bit tedious because there are 11 pomegranate branches and some of them are rather large.

Yet, exciting because of the colors of the thread. Building up the surface keeps me going.
One can hardly see the original base fabric--I can't seem to resist adding more colors with thread.
The extending red fabric creates a sort of reflection, a shadow...
The contrast between sewn pomegranate and unsewn leaves is interesting, maybe I won't sew them all down.

1 comment:

Minka said...

I have a thing for pomegranates....so I've tracked to the beginning of this thread of postings. Did you draw all these fruits and leaves? They are quite beautiful. I look forward to reading the rest of the "Pom" postings and learning about your process...and maybe why you obviously like poms....because I've never fully understood why I like them.