Saturday, January 19, 2013

More Auditioning

While ironing shirts, I auditioned a few more fabrics for the Wing Cloth, 
changed things around, auditioned a few more.
Can't help myself. Given the "plain-ness" of the land and sea, I turned to my fancy fabric stacks. 
Liking this better. Still craving pink...
So the two pinks on the left are cottons. The center pink is a sumptuous brocade, possibly my favorite fabric of all time, however, a bit stiff making it hard to work with. The dark pink is woven, not printed. The beige is a heavy silk and the brown another woven fabric that has some shine. I used to occasionally happen upon formal dresses at the flea market during the summer for cheap. Now, prices have risen steeply.
Just LUV that pink brocade....

1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

curiouser & curiouser!!! love that dark woven spiral...