In an attempt to clean up my work table, I decided to use up the thick green floor tiles that once graced the bathroom. Here's the four-inch paint can finished and planted.
Then I began to cover a 10"-tall oil tin for the same effect.
However, I ran out of green tiles for the corners (well, that was the point, to use them up). I checked out the tiles leftover from other pots. Most were too thin. I hit upon a sort of red-burgundy that could work in a pinch, then I found a grayed purple of the same thickness--bingo!
The green tiles were smashed for that irregular look, but the burgundy and purple tiles had been cut in small squares, rectangles and triangles creating a nice contrast.
A plant container should enhance the plant, so I usually don't go wild with color. However, the purple and burgundy made this pot go from ordinary to interesting. Those colors climbing up the corners enchanted me--I could look at them forever. Ah, yes, dazzle me!