Monday, December 16, 2013

Dazzle Me! 3

In an attempt to clean up my work table, I decided to use up the thick green floor tiles that once graced the bathroom. Here's the four-inch paint can finished and planted.

Then I began to cover a 10"-tall oil tin for the same effect.

















However, I ran out of green tiles for the corners (well, that was the point, to use them up). I checked out the tiles leftover from other pots. Most were too thin. I hit upon a sort of red-burgundy that could work in a pinch, then I found a grayed purple of the same thickness--bingo!


The green tiles were smashed for that irregular look, but the burgundy and purple tiles had been cut in small squares, rectangles and triangles creating a nice contrast.













A plant container should enhance the plant, so I usually don't go wild with color. However, the purple and burgundy made this pot go from ordinary to interesting. Those colors climbing up the corners enchanted me--I could look at them forever. Ah, yes, dazzle me!

6 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

Yes, Nadia, beautiful. Very nice to see!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Once again I am dazzled. I just love your mosaic planters.
And I totally "get" your Dazzle Me concept about expecting to be dazzled with your own unfolding process. Sometimes I am dazzled speechless.

Linda M said...

I agree with Sharon, the pots, the wing cloth, everything you touch is dazzling.

Carli The Quilter said...

Well, you've inspired me to do more mosaicing on my end, so these are lovely and look at that lovely weather.

Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful pots!

Linda A. Miller said...

Your mosaics are amazing, Nadia! Happy Holidays!