Friday, December 20, 2013

Under the Tree

With it's red balls and green leaves, the pomegranate tree is looking quite festive and showing holiday spirit. I'm laying down patches of beiges and light browns underneath the tree (by machine) which seems ridiculously easy to sew because it's mostly on-grain; sometimes that's a relief. I'm also adding on patches around the perimeter to finish it off. Soon I'll have to think about squaring it up (or not)--that's going to be a challenge. As the piece keeps growing, I may have to take over the living room floor. 

Come to think of it, I may have to go into town and find a white cotton for the back. Usually, I piece the back, but not this time. A backing that is on-grain would help stabilize this piece. Fortunately, I know that it will all quilt out...



3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I was wondering how this piece was coming along. Can't wait for the finish :)

roccagal said...

I am in agreement with the above-I am so excited to see this gorgeous piece when it is done! I just luv luv luv it!

Martha said...

Luscious and perfect for the season.