Saturday, December 14, 2013

Small Mosaic Pots

Finished a couple of small pots (originally 4"-tall paint cans), now ready to plant. Here they sit next to one of my new cement artichokes. For the plain green one on the left, I have used the original floor tiles from our bathroom, which was totally gutted several years ago. The floor tiles are thicker than wall tiles, so I can't mix anything with them if I want a smooth surface. Thus a simple design while trying to clean out.
    The one on the right makes use of itsy, bitsy leftover pieces. I like the effect of those tiny pieces.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Ohhh, it looks so nice and warm there; it has just begun to snow here and we are expected to get a walloping storm through tomorrow noon when it will change to freezing rain ! Thanks for the warm picture...hugs, Julierose

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I'm crazy about your mosaic planters but crazier about your reuse of paint cans.

Els said...

WOW ! love the artichoke ! ;-)

Mary said...

I love the look of your planters. You have such a gift.